Can a foreigner gain permanent residence in Thailand.

 Phone    WhatsApp    Email

Or tap one of these ↑
Ask Baan Smile   Thailand Trip Planning Service   Answer


A foreigner can gain permanent residence in Thailand. You can do so after three straight years of a non-immigrant visa.

* Retirement visa
* Work visa
* Marriage visa

If you skipped a year you have to start again.

Then you must have ONE of these:
* Investment (3-10 Million THB)
* Working or Business in Thailand
* Support a family (wife, child under 20, etc)
* Expert or Academic
* Others as determined by Immigration

Most people reading this will probably be working, have a business or support a family.

There is an annual quota of 100 persons per country! So it could take quite a number of years to get it depending on the country you come from.

The residence permit never expires. But you do need a re-entry permit to travel in and out of Thailand.

And you can apply for citizenship after 10 years of being a permanent resident!

"The team at Baan smile were so professional the customer service was excellent. I first called to get help with extending my tourist visa. Miss P was so honest on the phone she advised me if I wanted I could do extension myself and would only be 1,900 baht. I appreciated her honesty and advised her I prefer a company that has experience and would relieve my headache trying to figure on my own. Her team took over and completed all necessary paperwork and got all my information from me that was needed. They scheduled a day to meet at Immigration and I was met by Miss P and her assistant Sophia. They walked me through process and it was so simple. I am happy to have met the team at BAAN SMILE. I will be calling them for all my needs and services in Thailand."
~ Minh Nguyen
© Smile House International Co.,Ltd. & Baan Smile 2022 · Privacy · Terms