The best places to retire in Thailand are Koh Samui, Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Phuket and Hua Hin. Each of these places offers up a unique lifestyle destination and a nice environment.
Let's talk about each place that we mentioned above and what you can do!
- Koh Samui - Koh Samui is the second largest island in Thailand so this mean that there are so many beaches for retirees to enjoy such as Silver Beach, Thongson Bay, Chaweng Beach etc. Koh Samui not only famous about beacher but they also have beatiful temples around like Big Buddha and Wat Ratchathammaram.
- Pattaya - Pattaya is a well known place not only for retirees but with every tourist. Pattaya also have a lot of nice beaches like Jomtien Beach. The most thing that the tourist know this place is because the nightlife in Pattaya is crazy they do have cabaret bars and 24-hour clubs. Pattaya is famous for the Walking Street, Floating Market and the temple that they called Sanctuary of truth.
- Ching Mai - Chiang Mai is the largest city in Northern Thailand. Chiang Mai is one of the most popular destinations in Thailand. If you enjoy going to Buddhist temples, then there are over 300 for you to visit in Chiang Mai. Night markets are plenty too.
- Phuket - Phuket is famous for a number of things like exotic beaches, vibrant nightlife, colorful night markets, delicious seafood, white marble Big Buddha and if you are an active retirees then you will definitely enjoy scuba diving.
- Hua Hin - Hua Hin have a lot of beautiful, powdery sand beach, numerous seaside seafood restaurants, a lively night market, numerous beach activities, and some great inland activities, not least of which is golfing at some of Thailand's most renowned courses.
So its really depends on retirees which place they prefer the most.